- Treatment Centers by City
- Berkeley Springs
- Point Pleasant
- South Charleston
- Webster Springs
Drug and alcohol addiction is a problem plaguing many in Beckley, WV., and a huge concern for the community. Drug Rehabilitation Centers in Beckley, WV. can help the community of Beckley to address this issue and make sobriety a priority for its residents.
People who are addicted to drugs or alcohol destroy just about every good thing they have going for them, and place very little value on relationships or things that would normally be important to them. An addict's main focus is getting and using more drugs or alcohol, no matter whom or what he destroys in the process. Additionally, an addict builds a tolerance to drugs and alcohol over time and finds that he has to take more and more to get high or even just to feel "normal".
Attempting to quit using drugs on one's own will probably end in failure. This is because the individual abusing drugs or alcohol develops a physical dependence to these substances and if he stops using them, he begins to experience uncomfortable physical symptoms. Drug Rehab Centers in Beckley, West Virginia provide a supervised withdrawal and drug or alcohol detoxification which will successfully see an individual through this process. The individual can then begin to address the emotional and psychological issues at the root of his addiction.
At a Drug Rehabilitation Program both the physical and psychological issues involved in addiction will be addressed with the individual. When the individual returns home, he will be aware of the things which may have spurred on his drug or alcohol use in the past and will be able to overcome these psychological stressors. The individual will conclude treatment confident that he can handle these issues instead of taking drugs or alcohol.
Discover what treatment options in Beckley will work for you, and get started on the road to a new beginning today.
Drug Treatment Facilities in and around Beckley, West Virginia
- FMRS Health Systems Inc Beckley, WV, 25801
- Southern West Virginia Beckley, WV, 25801
- Beckley Treatment Center Inc Beaver, WV, 25813
- Southern Highlands Comm MH Center Inc Mullens, WV, 25882
- Mercer County Fellowship Home Inc Bluefield, WV, 24701
- Charleston Treatment Center Inc Charleston, WV, 25311
- Charleston Area Medical Center Charleston, WV, 25301
- Seneca Health Services Inc Lewisburg, WV, 24901
- Thomas Memorial Hospital South Charleston, WV, 25309
- Presteras Addiction Recovery Centers Dunbar, WV, 25064
- Contact Us
- West Virginia Facts
- The demand and supply of heroin is limited throughout West Virginia.
- An estimated 74,000 of the binge alcohol users in West Virginia over an one month period were between the ages of 18-25 years old (Annual Averages Based on 2002 and 2003 National Survey on Drug Use and Health).
- An estimated 42,000 (2.69%) West Virginia residents reported needing but not receiving treatment for illicit drug use within the past year according to a 2005-2006 survey.
- An estimated 29,000 (1.87%) reported past year illicit drug dependence according to a 2005-2006 study.
- Beckley, WV. Statistics
The population of Beckley is 35230 with 16,299 Males and 18,931 Females.
The population of Beckley, West Virginia breaks down into the following age groups:
Under Age 5: 1,981
Age 5-9: 2,082
Age 10-14: 2,225
Age 15-19: 2,347
Age 20-24: 2,005
Age 25-34: 4,094
Age 35-44: 5,047
Age 45-54: 5,539
Age 55-59: 1,768
Age 60-64: 1,669
Age 65-74: 3,312
Age 75-84: 2,371
Over 85: 790
The Median age in Beckley, West Virginia is 41.2
Beckley SummaryBeckley Area - 92.19 Sq. Miles
Land - 91.93 Sq. Miles
Water - 0.26 Sq. Miles
The population Density in Beckley is 383.24 People per Sq. Mile
Elevation of Beckley - 2300 Feet
Timezone - Eastern (GMT -5)
Beckley School Enrollment BreakdownAge 3 and Over enrolled in Beckley schools - 7,759
Beckley children enrolled in Nursery or Preschool - 422
Children in Beckley enrolled in Kindergarten - 452
Beckley children enrolled in Elementary School - 3,563
Beckley Highschool Enrollment - 1,803
Beckley College Enrollment - 1,519
Beckley Economy and EmploymentEmployment Breakdown:16 years and over - 14,552
Total Males in Work Force in Beckley - 7,581
Total Females in Work Force in Beckley - 6,971
Occupation Breakdown in Beckley:Management and Professional Occupation related jobs in Beckley - 4,043
Service related jobs in Beckley - 2,482
Sales and Office Related jobs in Beckley - 4,013
Forestry, Farming and Fishing related jobs in Beckley - 27
Construction and Maintenance related jobs in Beckley - 1,585
Production and Transportation related jobs in Beckley - 1,283
Beckley Houselhold Income Breakdown:Household Income-
Less than $10,000 - 2,572
$10,000.00 - $14,999 - 1,528
$15,000 - $24,999 - 2,773
$25,000 - $34,999 - 2,145
$35,000 - $49,999 - 2,294
$50,000 - $74,999 - 2,052
$75,000 - $99,999 - 916
$100,000 - $149,999 - 524
$150,000 - $199,999 - 160
$200,000 or more - 166
Average Household Income in Beckley - $28,401.00
Average Household Size in Beckley - 2.28
- Al-Anon Family Support Group Meetings in Beckley, West Virginia
3871 Robert C. Byrd Dr.
Beckley, West Virginia
Wed., 7:00 PM
- Narcotics Anonymous Meetings in Beckley, WV.
Beckley Fellowship Home
201 Woodlawn Avenue
Beckley, West Virginia 25801
Notes: Basic Beginnings Group Open
Sun., 5:30 PM
Tue., 12:00 PM
107 Earwood Street
Beckley, West Virginia 25801
Notes: Other Home Group Basic Text Open
Sat., 9:00 AM
Sun., 9:00 AM